Monday, May 14, 2012

Springsteen Video of the Week- Lucky Town (Saturday Night Live 1992)





This was a strange time for Bruce and Bruce fans.  It’s almost as if he was trying too hard to be “Bruce Springsteen”.  I know it was the early 90’s and grunge was in, but between the ripped jeans, the incredibly gravely voice, and Bruce playing with a “non E Street Band” band I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this video.  Oddly enough, I like “Lucky Town”, one of the few I like from his “Other Band” era, but watching him play it here is just odd.


I came across this video when I was looking for Bruce’s 2002 Saturday Night Live performance with the E Street Band.  I believe Matt Damon was the host.  But this was all I could find.  I did not even know Bruce performed on this show.  To my knowledge those were Bruce’s only two SNL performances.  However I can confirm that this is Tom Hanks' first, but hopefully not last, appearance on Legends of Springsteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment