Monday, November 12, 2012

Springsteen Video of the Week - "Broken Radio" with Jesse Malin



You ever have a moment of "unexpected Springsteen" in your life?  When Springsteen enters your life at a seemingly random moment?  Well, this happened to me a couple years ago.  I went to a Gaslight Anthem concert at Terminal 5 in the fall of 2009 (OK, so with Gaslight Anthem, I should have expected something Springsteen-y).  One of their openers was the young man in the video above, Jesse Malin.  I was fairly impressed with his stuff, even though it sounds nothing much like Gaslight.  So, I go home and search for his songs, and lo and behold - this man had a duet with Springsteen!  Honestly, I have no idea how this happened - Malin's career seems solid but unspectacular, and I'm not sure how he and the Boss collaborated.  But, an endorsement from Springsteen is golden, so Jesse Malin is OK in my book.  Does anyone else know of any random Springsteen duets with lesser known artists?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment