Friday, December 21, 2012

Drinking With Springsteen

I recently discovered a novelty website called Drinkify.  Basically, you enter a musician, and it gives you a recommendation of what to drink while listening to them.  As a world-renowned Springsteen blogger, it was my duty to see what they recommended to drink while listening to the Boss.  The results will surprise you:

6 oz. Cognac.  Served neat.

Needless to say, I was horrified.  While slowly sipping room-temperature brandy may work for some of Bruce's musical turns (I can see it aligning well with the saxophone solo in "Jungleland"), it is hardly a drink that encapsulates the Springsteen experience.   I feel most of his songs work well with just chugging some random American lager.

Anyway, my specialty has never been in creating drinks, but rather naming drinks (as previously discussed, a good name can take you a long way).  So, I'll do my part and propose a few possible Springsteen-themed drinks, and you'll have to let me know what would go into them:

Born To Rum
Bobby Gin
Brandy's Room
Rosa-Sangria
American Gin (41 Shots)
4th of Vodka, As-bourbon Park (Brandy)

And yes, I could go on with drinking portmanteaus all day, but I'll stop for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment