Friday, February 28, 2014

Bruce Covers.... THE BEE GEES!?!?!




Yep, you read that right.  In keeping up with his streak of "Holy crap, I can't believe Bruce covered that song!" covers,  Bruce paid tribute the other night to another legendary Aussie group, The Bee Gees. For the third week in a row, I'm posting about Bruce pulling a cover song totally out of left field.

At first when I saw this clip, I wasn't too impressed, but after giving it a little more time, I'm kinda getting into it.  The slow beginning, then the whole band kicks in, and, even if it's not one of the best Bruce covers I've ever heard, I'm sure this was an absolute blast to hear live.  I really loved the fact that no one knew what song it was by the intro but as soon as Bruce says "Well you can tell..." the entire crowd started getting into "Staying Alive".

Even though I despise disco, I have to admit this song is very dear to me.  In addition to being covered by Bruce, it was covered by another one of my favorite artists Ozzy Osbourne, was parodied in my favorite TV show "The Simpsons", and wasused in a great scene in one of the all-time funniest comedies, "Airplane!"  Truly, this song is the greatest contribution man has made to the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment