Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hungry Heart - Pitch Re-Adjusted to the Key of C



Ah, good old "Hungry Heart".  A Springsteen staple that's universally accepted by his fans and casual music listeners as "pretty good".  I believe a key to the enduring power of the song is the plethora of trivia that is associate with it, such as being written for the Ramones, being Springsteen's first top 10 hit on the Billboard chart, and being sped up to the point that the song didn't sound anything like Springsteen.  Well, while we will never hear the Ramones cover the song, nor find out why "Born To Run" never cracked the top 10, we can now hear how a studio version of the song would sound with Bruce's normal voice.  While nothing can top the version with the crowd sing-a-long on Live 1975-85, the pitch-adjusted version still beats the recording released on The River.

5 comments:

  1. Damn, that sounds so much better!! Why did they have to ruin it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! multi use games area pitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. synthetic turf pitch maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. artificial pitch maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... artificial pitch surfaces

    ReplyDelete