Friday, July 25, 2014

Video Spotlight - Jozef Sabovcik, The Man Who Figures Skates To Springsteen

Let's discuss this:



What you have just witnessed is the heart-stopping, high-jumping, quick-spinning, jeans-wearing, mullet-styling, legendary Jozef "Jumping Joe" Sabovcik.  Now, I have next to zero knowledge about figure-skating outside of Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harding, but this I could get behind.  Every time I see figure-skating, I see very little variety - just people in elaborate sequined outfits spinning around.  However, good old "Jumping Joe" here is a wonderful showman, doing his best to take Bruce's stage moves to the ice.  The man doesn't just take classic Springsteen songs, but rather sticks with live songs, such as "Trapped" (above) and "War" (below):



Good lord, this man's hair is glorious.  And, with these two videos, I believe I've seen all the figure-skating I'll ever need to see in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment