Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Ed Norton Interviews Bruce Springsteen (Fresh Air, 2010)


Having recently seen and loved Edward Norton’s performance in Birdman (I found the movie itself a bit wearing half-way through), I was eager to listen to Norton’s interview on Fresh Air. A quick Google search and I was there, but to my great surprise “Edward Norton Fresh Air interview” yielded a second, fascinating link: Ed Norton Interviews Bruce Springsteen On 'Darkness'.

Somehow, I missed this back in 2010 – I’ll chalk it up to podcasts being less prevalent. Since we’ve recently been looking back at The Promise here on the site, I thought this would be a perfect time to resurface the interview between this unexpected pairing. The Fresh Air interview is an extract from an in-person interview conducted at the Toronto Film Festival. For those who don’t want to sit through the 40-minute interview (and if you don’t, why are you reading this blog?), the website has a few topline excerpts. But I encourage you to listen to it to hear these two performers who take their craft very seriously alternating between light-hearted jabs and serious musings on the art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment