Monday, March 19, 2012

Springsteen Video of the Week - Code of Silence



This song was a regular concert opener for the 1999 Reunion Tour with the E Street Band.  With the upcoming release of Wrecking Ball, a few songs that had only been performed live are finally getting recorded and put on albums.  I'm kind of surprised this was left out.  It's a hard rocking tune that absolutely speaks to the theme of the upcoming album.

As much as I am a fan of Bruce Springsteen, I do happen to see things different from Bruce when it comes to politics.  However, I think that's what makes Bruce's music so universal.  Bruce sings about problems in society, and although we have different opinions on how to solve them, we agree that they must be addressed.  This song talks about the need to address these problems, and I would not at all be surprised to hear Bruce play this on his upcoming tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment