Friday, August 3, 2012

Better Things- Ray Davies featuring Bruce Springsteen

The Kinks are one of the coolest bands in the history of rock n' roll.  I never think of them when discussing great bands but their name should be brought up more often.  Their killer riffs were a huge influence on punk and metal. They were absolutely vital to the British Invasion, and rock music in general.  Unfortunately differences within the band, specifically the 2 brothers Ray and Dave Davies, have caused the band to break up.

Last year Ray Davies put out a great CD called See My Friends which featured him and some of the biggest names in rock to re-record some classic Kinks songs.  The album kicks off with a great version of "Better Things" featuring our boy, Bruce Springsteen.  The whole album is great though, with appearances by Bon Jovi, Metallica, Billy Corgan, Jackson Browne, and Alex Chilton just to name a few.   I definitely recommend buying it.  Don't steal it.  We at Legends of Springsteen don't condone such actions.  Maybe Rory does, but this is my article.  So without further ado...


"I hope tomorrow you'll find better things".





1 comment:

  1. Hi guys,

    Long time reader, first time poster. I found the myspace page for Ray Davies and it has a bunch of tracks from See My Friends!
    http://www.myspace.com/raydavies/music/songs/better-things-76025766

    ReplyDelete