Friday, August 17, 2012

Lost Songs: "Lovers In The Cold"




Another lost song from Bruce.  This song was written and recorded for Born To Run but never made it.  As I’ve said with the other lost songs, it may not have deserved a place on the current album but is definitely good enough to put on another album or Tracks.  For God’s sake, Tracks is nothing but leftover songs!

“Lovers In The Cold” is good song, far from a classic but certainly a catchy tune.  I probably wouldn’t hold up a sign to hear it in concert, but I wouldn’t go grab a beer if I heard him playing it either.  It’s upbeat enough with an infectious chorus that grows with you on each play.  The quality of the audio leaves a lot to be desired, but it’s just a demo so what can be expected?  As with all the other demos we’ve brought to you on Legends of Springsteen: Lost Songs, I’d love for Bruce to release a better quality version of it.  Till that day,  I’ll just have to settle for YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment