Monday, October 29, 2012

Springsteen Video of the Week - Forward



Well, it's another presidential election, and another round of Bruce trying to woo the voters of Ohio.  What is funny is that this song elicits numerous different reactions, primarily based on people's personal politics.  While the Democrats in the audience laugh and cheer throughout the video, the conservatives on Youtube have let their opinion been know with a variety of scathing comments (although I'm not sure what to make of the comment: "I can say with pride I have spent a dime to purchase one of his albums").  As of the time I'm writing this, the video has 60 likes and 36 dislikes - the opinion on this video is as split as the current polls.  Personally, I think Bruce isn't as fired up for the election as he was in 2008 (or even 2004 with Kerry), unimpressed with both candidates, and basically phoned in this little ditty - but that may be me projecting my own feelings as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment