Friday, February 22, 2013

Great Moments in Springsteen Television History: "The Simpsons"


My all time favorite TV show is "The Simpsons".  Yes, I'll admit it's not as great as it once was, but much like Springsteen, the good will is built up so strong that I will always support it.  I've always been somewhat shocked that Bruce has never been on the show, as just about anyone who's anyone in pop culture has been on the show.  But this past season, even though Bruce was not actually on the show he was referenced and that's good enough for me!

This episode, "Love is a Many-Splintered Thing", Bart is having problems with a girl that he pays very little attention to.  When she starts berating Bart for his lack of attention.  Bart quickly thinks "What would my heroes do?"  After imagining Wolverine telling him to "Slash her!  Slash her good"  he imagines talking to none other than Max Weinberg (with the above caption that Springsteen wasn't available), telling him to "Start playing the drums.  No woman can resist a drummer."

Seconds later, when Bart is again caught not pay attention, he imagines Weinberg again advising him on drumming...


No comments:

Post a Comment