Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dropkick Murphys - "No Surrender"



I have written about the relationship between The Dropkick Murphys and Bruce Springsteen before, but I just discovered this cover last week.  Granted it was only recorded  less than a year ago, but still this is one of the best Springsteen covers I've ever heard.  I know most people just associate The Murphy's with Irish tunes and punk rock, but listen to just a few of their songs and you tell their is a huge Springsteen influence there too.  So it comes as no surprise that they have covered Bruce songs on many occasions.

I'm a huge fan of The Murphys and have seen them multiple times live.  Much like Bruce, they've earned their reputation by constantly being on tour and putting on stellar shows.  I'm sure that's part of the reason there is such a mutual respect between the two bands and even though there is a huge difference in the size of the crowds between Bruce and The Murphys, there is no difference in the fierce loyalty to these respective bands.  I know that seeing each band live is what turned me from a casual fan into a fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment