Friday, August 30, 2013

Song Spotlight: Blood Brothers


"Now the hardness of this world slowly grinds your dreams away
Makin' a fool's joke out of the promises we make"
- Blood Brothers, Greatest Hits

Buried at the end of Greatest Hits is a little gem called "Blood Brothers." One of the four new songs on this "Best of" CD, it arrives after 14 tracks of Bruce's most popular songs and then the ubiquitous "Secret Garden" and the more pronounced "Murder Inc." Which means it's easy to overlook this song. Greatest Hits was the first Bruce album I ever received and yet, "Blood Brothers" had never registered with me until I listened to the album in its entirety for the first time in a great while last week. If you've been like me and neglected the song in the past, I encourage you to give it another listen, you may just be surprised by its quiet grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment