Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Official Springsteen 2017 Wall Calendar!


The holidays have just passed, and I'm sure there are many among us who have received tons of Springsteen-related loot.  While there was no holiday gift guide this year, I'm sure a copy of Born To Run was under most Boss fans' trees.

I, however, received a different sort of stocking stuff: the OFFICIAL Bruce Springsteen 2017 wall calendar.  The front cover is stylized a la Born To Run, and contains dozens of high-quality Springsteen photos to cheer you up every month.


Here is the back, previewing the months ahead.  As a wall calendar aficionado, I'd say proper etiquette allows one brief look upon receipt of the gift, and then quickly looking away to maintain the surprise for the upcoming months.  So, here's your chance.  Soak it in! Now stop! 


It's traditional for the wall calendar to give you some leadway upon receipt, with a 16-month calendar being the standard.  However, like a Bruce concert, he'll always deliver more than you bargained for.  Springsteen's OFFICIAL calendar comes with a whopping 18 months, including two bonus Polaroids from his pre-E Street days.


So here's as far as I'll go right now, with Bruce's first image, a summer photo in Long Branch, NJ.  While it may be an inappropriate photo for the cold month of January, I have a feeling that the images will be more of a chronicle of his career, rather than timed to compliment the months.  I mean, I could scroll up and look at the photo spread earlier in the article, but that would be cheating!  Seriously, don't do it!


It fits in quite nicely at the workstation in my mancave.  Thanks for reading - I assure you  I didn't plan on writing 300 words on wall calendars today (shattering my previous record by 150!), but it is the holiday season.  If you received another cool Springsteen-related gift this holiday season, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment