Thursday, June 22, 2017

The 30 Day Song Challenge, Day 22


Like the previous day, today seems to be splitting hairs with a prior day.  Not a song like day 4 that MAKES you sad, but a song you listen to WHEN you are sad.  Again, this is open to multiple interpretations, so let me present, and subsequently defend, my choice:



When I'm sad, I'm looking for a specific type of song.  I don't want an escapist song that ignores my problems and tells me everything is sunny and happy.  And yet, I don't want to wallow in misery with a sad song that makes me want to kill myself.  The intersection of this is "happy-sad", those songs with happy beats and sad lyrics (see: the Cure).  Bruce has plenty of "happy-sad" in his catalog, and "I'm Goin' Down" is among his best.

What songs do you listen to WHEN you are sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment