Sunday, June 4, 2017

The 30 Day Song Challenge, Day 4


Today, we take a swing in the complete opposite direction of yesterday, and talk about a Bruce song that makes me sad.  Now, as mentioned yesterday, most Bruce music makes me happy.  I can even rock out to the more depressing Bruce songs (and so can Bruce, apparently, as shown by that amazing guitar solo that has worked its way into "Youngstown" over the years).  And, it doesn't help that I'm fairly emotionally dead.  With that being said, here's a Springsteen song that make the room seem a bit dustier:



While "Bobby Jean" has a bit of an uplifting swing, the emotional core of the song really connects with me.  It drips with nostalgia, striving to recover things we've lost and go back to the way things were.  I'm even nostalgic when hearing a song about nostalgia, remembering embarrassing moments from my life.

So, what Bruce song makes you sad?  Bruce has a plethora of downers, so this should be much easier for others, unlike this old soulless robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment